The Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan (AHCIP), provides Alberta residents with full coverage for medically necessary physician health services.
Basic services covered in Alberta
- Medically necessary physician consultation and examination
- Medically required surgical procedures
- Necessary nursing services
- Laboratory, radiological and other diagnostic procedures (including interpretation) to maintain health, prevent disease and help diagnose/treat any injury, illness or disability
- Services provided by Mosaic Primary Care Network
- Medically necessary goods and services provided to an outpatient, including goods used in a medical procedure but excluding goods given to a patient to use after discharge.
- Diagnostic interview and evaluation or consultation
This information is not intended to cover all instances. If you are unsure whether a medical service is insured, please contact our office.